Thinking about relocating to Tampa? Here are 5 reasons we think it’s a great move:
- Entrepreneurship:In March 2018, Tampa was ranked one of the Top 10 Startup Cities in the Southern US by Crunchbase News. This vibrant, metropolitan area landed in the top 10 for the number of venture capital investments (#9 @ 41 deals) in addition to dollar volume (#10 @ $208M). The community is chock-full of entrepreneurial spirit with various pitch events taking place throughout the year on top of all the recent redevelopment inspired by innovation. If you’ve got the courage to make your hopes and dreams a profitable reality, you can count on the Tampa community to be there, arms wide, welcoming your ambition and ingenuity.
- Sports & Recreation:Sporting events take place year round in Tampa. Whether you’re at the Raymond James Stadium watching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers make NFL history, or the Amalie Arena rooting for 2004 Stanley Cup Champions, Tampa Bay Lightning, the camaraderie and community spirit are alive and well. Don’t forget Major League Baseball’s Tampa Bay Rays, who just unveiled their plan to build a new ballpark in Ybor City (construction is anticipated to start Spring 2023). Speaking of Spring, George M. Steinbrenner Field is seasonal home to the New York Yankees during Spring Training. That’s not all. Be the star of your own game at one of Tampa’s Golf courses, or reel one in on a Fishing Charter – the scoring is endless.
- Healthcare Mecca:Tampa’s healthcare network is exceptionally strong. With expertise in areas not limited to; cardiovascular medicine, neuroscience, urology, orthopedics, women’s health, diabetes and endocrinology, orthopedics and, general surgery featuring robotic-assisted techniques, Tampa has some of America’s best hospitals. In fact in 2015, Tampa General Hospital was named one of the Top 50 Hospitals in the Nation. With first-rate medical services staffed with nationally recognized doctors, Tampa residents can rely on local healthcare throughout every stage of life.
- Educational Institutions:Hillsborough County is committed to excellence in education. They understand that producing a well-trained workforce starts in the classroom. Families with small children can enroll at one of the 300 independent, private K-12 schools such as Berkeley or Tampa Preparatory or, the Hillsborough County Public School District – a national model for K-12 education. Adult learning opportunities are rich too! There are over 80 colleges, universities and technical schools in the area to choose from. Tampa is home to the University of South Florida (Go Bulls), The University of Tampa, Stetson University’s Tampa Law Center, Saint Leo University and Hillsborough Community College.
- It’s FUN:Lastly, there is always something to do in Tampa – and the food… YUM! Stop by the historical Columbia Restaurant for a hot Cuban sandwich or their famous “1905” Salad. Take the family to Busch Gardens for the day. See a concert at the Ritz Ybor or have a walk around the vibey Oxford Exchange. Sample beer at Cigar City Brewing, gamble at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, take a trip to the Lowry Park Zoo or, go shopping at International Plaza or Hyde Park Village. Whatever you get yourself into, it’ll be fun – we promise!